We Are Cypress North
We are a small group of experienced designers, marketers and developers that work hard to help our clients meet their strategic business goals. We do this in a variety of ways, from managing paid or natural search marketing campaigns, to building custom web and mobile applications.
We excel in search engine marketing, social media marketing, web/programming development, mobile application development and quality data analysis. We also partner with some of the top designers in the industry for user interface and graphic design.
We believe in a team-based approach and fostering an environment that encourages creativity. We love bouncing ideas off of one another and we dedicate time to the pitch and discovery phase. If we like the idea, we’ll make it. If not, it’s on to the next one. Our team works very closely together to ensure project success. We do a little bit of everything day-to-day, so it keeps things fresh and interesting.
We have fun at work because we love what we do. Some of our best ideas arise while we’re using our critical thinking skills playing Connect Four, hanging out with Rogan, or debating (and defending) our Top 10 Funniest Comedies list.
We are passionate about technology, innovation and taking vague concepts and turning them into tangible products that produce great results. Also, we love coffee. Lots of it.
Our goal, simply put, is to take your business and make it better.
Why Cypress North?
Working with a small team can be advantageous. Here's a few reasons why Cypress North is your top choice when hiring a team of professionals to improve your business:
- We have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our team has more than 20 years of combined experience under our belts in our respective areas of expertise. Each of us brings a unique perspective to the table.
- You work directly with the experts. We take care of you from start to finish. When you email us for a quote or more information, your email doesn't get lost in a general inquiry box. It goes straight to a member of our team that will be responsible for managing your project--if you choose us as your partner! We value developing relationships with our clients because it helps us gain a greater understanding of you and your business. That way we can build an effective strategy with the perfect blend of tactics that will help boost your bottom line.
- You get one-on-one attention and custom plans so you know exactly what to expect. We work with companies of all shapes and sizes and recognize no two projects are the same. We don't want you to be surprised during any stage in the process, that's why we make it a point to provide detailed blueprints of the project scope at hand. We make ourselves available for questions and schedule regular progress calls to check-in and make sure we’re all on the same page. And we're always available via email.
- We deliver superior results. We take pride in the work we do for our clients. We produce results rapidly and have one of the fastest development cycles in the industry. We invite you to browse our portfolio for a sample. You can be confident in our team's ability to provide the support you need to accomplish your project every step of the way.
- We are continual learners, which means we're constantly trying to get better at everything we do. We stay current on the latest and greatest in web programming and internet marketing by attending educational workshops and conferences. And we don’t have the "I invented it" syndrome. When we find a way to improve something, we share it!
- You will clearly understand your return on investment. We focus on getting people to take action, whether that's signing up for a newsletter on your website or downloading an app. That's why we emphasize the importance of conversion tracking so you can clearly see your return on investment. Our team compiles in-depth data reports to effectively analyze each of the efforts in our plan.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Search Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Video Optimization
- Social Media Training & Consultation
- Social Media News Aggregation
- Web Analytics
Programming & Development
- ASP.NET MVC
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Windows Phone 7
Our Team Leaders
Matt Mombrea - Director of Technology
An entrepreneur at heart, Matt started his first business back in 2004. He’s one of the co-founders of Cypress North and specializes in C#, Java, PHP and web development.
When it comes to programming, Matt stands by two main principles: know your audience and know the problem you’re trying to solve. He likes to keep things simple and anticipate the end user's needs.
Matt has held previous roles as the Director of Technology at Think Financial from 2008-2010, Senior Programmer at FedEx Trade Networks from 2006-2008 and Director of Technology at Datesweiser Furniture Manufacturing from 2004-2006. He holds a degree from St. Bonaventure University in Computer Science.
Matt blogs regularly about development tips and resources on Cypress North. He also tweets.
Greg Finn - Director of Marketing
Greg has been managing internet marketing campaigns for more than seven years and is a certified Google AdWords partner in search advertising. He blogs and is a contributing editor at the most popular search engine marketing website, SearchEngineLand.com, as well as a moderator at Sphinn.com, one of the largest internet marketing discussion boards. Greg has been a featured speaker at some of the largest search engine conferences like, Search Marketing Expo and SES Conference & Expo.
Greg's incredible work ethic keeps the engine running at Cypress North. He makes the long commute to the office from Rochester with Rogan, his yellow Lab. During the hour drive, he stays current with industry trends by listening to podcasts and tries to learn something new every day. He's the first to the office and usually the one that closes up the shop. In-between, he spends his time planning and executing highly successful search and social strategies for some of the nation’s top companies.
Tiffany Tcheng - Internet Marketing Strategist
A Buffalo transplant, Tiffany comes to us from Phoenix, Ariz., which is sheer madness, according to Matt. She has an eye for clean design and loves working with clients on search engine marketing and social media campaigns.
Tiffany earned both of her degrees from Arizona State University-- her Master's is in health care innovation from the College of Nursing & Health Innovation and her undergrad is in journalism and public relations from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication. She worked in public relations at Banner Health, a major health system based in Phoenix, from 2008-2011.
When she’s not researching keywords, she enjoys eating out with her husband, image making and blogging on her photography site. She's also determined to steal the mayorship of Cypress North from Greg.
John Jacobi - Senior Programmer
John is a diehard Buffalonian. He earned his degree in computer science from the University at Buffalo and has expert knowledge in C# and Java.
Not only is he a code-generating genius, but he is a successful restaurant owner and businessman. John, who also goes by JJ or Jacobi, depending on what phase of his life you met him during, can build anything you can think of. Prior to joining Cypress North, he was a Senior Software Developer at Meritain Health from 2008-2011.
John's passions include The Buffalo Sabres, The Buffalo Sabres, and The Buffalo Sabres. No, really. He's a season ticket holder and could watch Sabres highlights for the rest of his life.
Jon Nalewajek - Senior Mobile Developer
Jon moved back to Buffalo from Rochester to work with us and is largely responsible for mobile application development. Prior to joining Cypress North, Jon was a software engineer at Xerox's Advanced Technology and Incubation center where he lead their mobile development team.
Jon graduated with a computer science degree from SUNY Fredonia and is the co-founder and lead developer of Academy Geeks where he develops applications for the Android operating system for use amongst academics.
Cypress North is a certified developer for iOS, Android and Windows 7 platforms and we're ready to turn your mobile app idea into reality.
Rogan D'Angelo - Greeter
Rogan is a two-year-old Yellow Lab who will greet select visitors if he isn’t partaking in one of his many naps. Rogan helps keep Cypress North staff productive by delivering internal office mail, fetching drinks for the thirsty and increasing company morale.
Rogan graduated from the Greg Finn School of Training and is fluent in 90 percent of commands. He thoroughly enjoys belly rubs, sneaking out of Greg's office and hanging with the gals, who often get him into trouble. He will work for food and Coconut Water.