When administering a Facebook page sometimes a user would like to actually comment on the given page with their personal account. Well, the default settings for the Facebook page are geared to showing all posts and likes from the page itself, even if you are using Facebook with your personal profile.. So lets say that we post this article up to Facebook, and I switch back to my personal profile and like the post – well it will be show that Cypress North liked the post. This can look a little odd:
So how do you make sure that you aren’t commenting as your business page when using your personal profile? Its easy, just follow the steps below!
- Head to the page you would like to change.
- Under the “Manage” button in the upper right, click on “Edit Page”:
- Click on the “Your Settings” button on the top of the left hand navigation:
- Unclick the top box that says “Always comment and post on your page as PAGE NAME, even when using Facebook as PROFILE NAME.
And there you have it! Now when you are using Facebook as your personal self, all comments will show up from you, instead of your page.
Latest posts by Greg Finn (see all)
- SMX Advanced 2013 Highlights: Google+, Cutts Shirts, Bumbys & More - June 14, 2013
- Find What News Sources Are Driving Traffic With Our Simple News Dashboard For Google Analytics - June 7, 2013
- Where You’ll Find The Cypress North Team: Summer 2013 Edition - May 10, 2013
- How To Find All Active Inbound Links To A Website For Effective Link Cleanup - April 26, 2013
- The Mobile Search Analytics Report: Our Custom Report For Mobile Search Tracking In Google Analytics - April 12, 2013