Did you know that you can easily customize the image of your tabs on Facebook? Yes! Now you can get rid of those ugly icons that are cramping your page’s style and add something visually appealing and consistent with your company/brand. Not only does this feature improve the look and feel of your Facebook page, it’s another opportunity to spread your marketing message. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to customize the page tab images on Facebook.
Click the drop down menu and then select the pencil icon of the tab you want to change the image for. Click “Edit Settings”.
This box will pop up:
Click “Change”. You can also adjust the name of your tab if you wish.
After you click “Change”, you will be directed to the screen above. Note that it tells you the PAGE you are editing the tab for, and which application. In this case we are editing the Cypress North Facebook page and the application to our blog’s RSS feed.
Click “Change” again. You will now be prompted to upload a Page Tab Image. Note: The image cannot be larger than 111 x 74 pixels. If it is, then it will be re-sized and converted. Your best bet is to create your image to the exact specifications.
Upload your image and say hello to your new Page Tab image!
Here’s an example of Facebook’s Facebook page:
And that’s how you add a custom image to your Facebook tab. Now go out and do it!
Latest posts by Tiffany Tcheng (see all)
- Attention Non-Tech Companies: Do NOT Ignore Google+ - May 30, 2013
- Facebook Ads: How to Create Unpublished ‘Dark’ Posts - May 1, 2013
- Setting Up Social For Success: How To Customize Preview Thumbnail Images For Your Website - April 5, 2013
- Guide to the New Google Plus Cover Photo Size, Inspiration & Tips - March 12, 2013
- Social Media Cover Photo Cheat Sheet & All-In-One Social Template Download - February 20, 2013